Monday, May 23, 2011

3 Reasons I love Twitter--music, peace, and sex

Three reasons I love Twitter:

1. NPR music, of all places, is where I get some great First Listens. This morning, I was stoked to hear My Morning Jacket's new album, Circuital. Especially loved the title track and Wonderful, but overall, it's just a great album. Comes out on the 31st.



And because I have schizophrenic tastes in music, I just got Jeremih's Down On Me, ft. 50 Cent. That is seriously hot. I hear Death Cab for Cutie's new stuff is really good, so I'll give that a listen later.

2. Yoga every morning is great, but taking that state of mind with me throughout the day can be tough. For some reason, the affirmations that show up in my timeline from @earthservant are little moments that pull me back from whatever nonsense I've engaged in right then, and allow me to take a deep breath and remember that it's all supposed to be. Affirmations such as this one:

I know and acknowledge daily that my path is unfolding impeccably with perfect timing.

3. @AviAnswers is a sex shop worker dispensing advice and humor, but mostly, she talks about her day. She says that when she meets someone for the first time, she immediately associates them with a sex toy. I'm dying to know what I am -- I mean, I'm a #14 for sure, right?

Doc Johnson Lucid Dream Ultra Power Multi-Speed, Waterproof G-Spot Vibrator, Twist-bottom Control Purple, batteries included...

And yes, get it in purple. Anyway. Yesterday, Avi tweeted an absolutely beautiful pic, Fat Model Love:


Just gorgeous.




Yes, I'm back online. Life is good. Is this the real life or just Fanta Sea? I'm happy to report that it's Fanta Sea. Don't expect too much -- the time away from the interwebz was refreshing, not painful, and I got a lot done. Ooh, imagine that: lack of interwebz = increased creativity/production.

We've got new neighbors on one side. They are... very friendly. B is standing by the fence last night, smoking a cigar and holding our big boy cat, Gryff, and chatting away. I was outside with the laptop trying to write (I got one in to Lily's this week, if you're keen to try your hand as well), and I hear all this stuff about joining them for their nightly fires and beer. Ugh. Now I'm going to feel as if I can't sit outside every evening that it's nice, just to be outside and have a glass of wine and write. It's what I do in the summer. Now I'll be "unsociable." People! Not everyone wants to chat! Hopefully, B's friendliness and talkativeness will make up for my lack thereof.

What's that? You want more pics of Gryff on my Twitter? You got it!

Have a great day, you little monsters.

No comments:

Post a Comment