Friday, June 18, 2010

Deadly Chaps; Katamari

In October, my first chapbook is being published by Deadly Chaps.

What is Deadly Chaps? In an interview with Keri of WriteTurnHere, editor and senior instigator of Deadly Chaps and (you already figured it out, right?) Short, Fast and Deadly, JQ explains:

Can you tell us a little about the forthcoming “Deadly Chaps?”

Deadly Chaps is a print series of art-quality wood-bound chapbooks slated for monthly release beginning 19 June 2010. Most of the material will be available through the web but the books are beautiful, something that you'll hold lingeringly, page through reverently. The authors were selected by invitation. They've all contributed to Short, Fast, and Deadly at least once. They're as eclectic as the magazine itself tends to be and I think that's a very good thing. You can read more about them here: http://www.deadlychaps.com/bios.html

I'm the fifth and, for now, final author, and my date is October 19th. I'm like the sexy autumn caboose on the lit train.

What?

So go check it out. Bruce Harris is up first, today, and he's got samples for you to read. Dry Ice is especially groovy. I've read it three times this morning.

*

Prince Holds Katamari on His Shoulders

This bronze sculpture by everfalling was done for an art class and stands 8" tall. I'm still waiting to hear if he'll do more. Sure, it'd be expensive, but worth every penny. And yes, if you're wondering, I was a huge Katamari fan for several years. I've played them all, repeatedly, and I'm hoping that the afterlife consists of your own planet and stars to roll up. Minus the King, of course. Tight pants or no, he's a pain in the arse.

Roll on, little Prince. Roll on.

3 comments:

  1. Hey that's a big deal, yes? Congrats to you!
    Oct. 19th--good month!!! I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read 'At Sea'- Great piece. Big congrats on the chapbook! All best.

    ReplyDelete