Tuesday, January 10, 2012

small stone, day ten


small stone, day ten:

in the red glow of the ice cream shop sign
licking rainbow sprinkles off vanilla swirl
stepping outside the fluorescence to look
up into black night
the moon huge overhead like a fat
baby
the ice cream starts to drip on my hand


*

I do so love ice cream stands open year-round in Michigan. I also loved last night's full moon. B almost drove off the road while staring at it. So close, you could almost touch it.

Reading Lauren Beuke's "Zoo City." Awesome. Not even half-finished with it, and I recommend it. Review to come soon.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read Zoo City, yet. I enjoyed Moxyland. Great characters, great setting. However, I felt the plot was slightly weak, but the strengths made the book well worth reading.

    ReplyDelete