Sunday, January 1, 2012

small stones #1 + beer and movie review

Small stone (just under the wire for day one):

dental appointment
in april
I've been waiting two months to
write it on the new calendar

*

River of stones is a month-long exercise in mindfulness. You can find out more here. If you're not a writer/poet, may I suggest you give it a go anyway? Hey, look at mine. :)

The calendar is from PETA, and January's is a big pink pig, if you were wondering.

In other news, we watched "Attack the Block" tonight. B thought it was atrocious. Truly awful. I felt it was absolutely best thing I've seen in ages, and I delighted in every bit, even the parts where people's heads got eaten off. A-. Because "Shaun of the Dead" was way better. (this is aliens, not zombies, fyi)

Also, I drank Sam Adams seasonal "champagne" beer, Infinium. Interesting. Good. Not to my tastes--too sweet, too spicy. I'm not a fan of the summer beers, for instance, but more likely to drink Octoberfest. Or anything dark, dark, dark. But again, as a dedicated beer enthusiast, I can appreciate the care that went into crafting this. It's just not for me.

Three days off = finished one short story, heavily edited, sent to reader-friend. A second nearly finished. Notes on book, though only a few, awkward paragraphs were written for that.

All in all, a lovely start to 2012. May all of you experience some loveliness in your new years, as well.




1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, Becky.

    And thank you for "The Black Oak." I loved it.

    ReplyDelete