Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Bounty of Beekman -- prepare thyselves

I promised myself I wasn't going to blog today but I HAVE IMPORTANT BEEKMAN NEWS!

Please, don't everyone get up and mob the blogger all at once. ;)

Farmer John and Jason's website

Farmer John's blog

That's right! You can follow Farmer John right here on blogspot! He's a very unassuming guy, really sweet. And, uh, he loves goats. :) I have, however, just spent far too much time considering which of his does I would buy. If B would let me get goats. Which will probably happen about the time he lets me get chickens. Which, we may all assume, ain't gonna happen in this decade.

But wait! I have more Beekman news! Just as the month is ending, my September Beekman soap has turned into mush. Lovely smelling mush, true, but it's finished. I'm actually slightly nervous, because I fell for this soap hard, but October's soap promises "applewood burning in the fireplace and walks through autumn leaves," so my fingers are crossed for a happy shower tomorrow.

What, you want more Beekman news? Okay... There's a brand new group on Twitter called Beek Geeks. I'm following. :) Where do you think I learned about the blogs? And also, I learned that there will be a Beekman holiday special! And that I may ask a question of them that may get answered on the special! I am formulating questions as we speak, you may be assured.

And last, there is, my friends, some sad Beekman news. Prepare yourselves as best you can.

I took the Beekman Biggest Fan quiz and scored... 70%.

I thought I was gonna ace it. :(  B got 80%, so I hate him, of course. Seventy! *disconsolate face*

BTW, I never take quizzes. I don't care what personality type I am or who my Harry Potter husband is. Do. Not. Care.

So the fact that I did take this quiz ought to tell you something. But I am, I must admit, slightly worried. I don't want to be part of a fandom for the moment. I want time off from fandoms. And yet, I feel myself getting sucked into this world... I think it's okay as long as I don't write stories about them. :)

*

Regarding yesterday's post: chapter one is finished. Oh, not edited, but I don't care. And I'm not caps-locking until the thing is entirely finished. But for now, I'm super happy. Also, I'm doing something I don't normally do -- I'm going in without a plan. I do know lots of stuff, such as overall arc and most of the characters, but I'm leaving it at that. Once I let go last night, he started talking. Oh, man, did he start talking. I couldn't type fast enough to keep up. And there was a niggling doubt at the back of my mind, a thought that went, "But this isn't exactly who you planned to be your protagonist! He's supposed to be--" and then I strangled the voice and kept on madly typing and now chapter two awaits and I don't have a clue what's going to happen, but it should be fun.

Also, what is on either side of the River Styx? Because I'm about to swim it. Google, here I come.

Thank you to everyone who listens to me blather, and especially those who drop a kind word in my direction. I've never been big on "cheerleaders," but I admit that it makes me thirteen kinds of cozy when some of you are so supportive.

God, who is this sap... Signing off! Beekman Bliss to All!

4 comments:

  1. Heee, when they start talking, you write! That´s the way it is, editing comes later. Funny, though, how that always seems to happen when you´re off to bed. I keep a notebook on the floor next to my bed and, needless to say, I never sleep enough =)

    Yay! You started! I´m so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coincidentally, I also started some work on my novel today! :-D And, in a departure from my usual modus operandi, I actually started at the beginning. Yeah. Imagine that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asuqi: I should keep a notebook next to my bed. Everyone says that. My silly reason why I don't: Lucy, my dog, who is terrified of bright lights. If I used even a tiny pen light at night, she'd freak. She's mostly broken, you see.

    Jo: Did you???? Yes! That's exciting! I promise I won't bug you about it. :)

    Started at the beginning... That's rather novel (haha) for you. :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray for not having a plan! IMHO, this is the easiest, most fun way to write. No preconceived notions, just pick up the pen and write whatever he (or she) dictates to you. I think most writers get into trouble when they start forcing THEIR ideas on the characters, and the characters say "Hey! Wait a minute! THAT didn't happen! But let me tell you what DID..."

    ReplyDelete