Wednesday, September 1, 2010

You say it's hot in here?

Early this summer, Michael Solender lamented the great heat and humidity in his home state. The only possible way to get through it was, of course, to have a flash fic contest.

The NOT's Dog Days of Summer contest was simple: 101 words exactly, include "heat" and "summer."

I celebrated by writing dark fic. My piece, "Bottle Rocket," is a Special Jury Award Winner. Yep. You can call me Miss FancyPants now. Or, you could just find me at the totally free, totally downloadable PDF chapbook with 80 others, including Grand Prize Winner, Sam Adamson.

The NOT's Dog Days of Summer contest PDF chapbook.

*

Later this week: I'm up at Cast Macabre. I'm so freakin' excited about this, I can't stand it.

Neither can  Gryff, apparently. He had to hide in the water bottle thingy just to contain himself.



3 comments:

  1. Well, congratulations, Miss Fancy Pants!

    Actually, Gryff looks a little annoyed at being stalked by the paparazzi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is like the poshes post, evah!

    I´m thrilled for you and crazy impressed! Can´t wait to read your stuff =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, "just to contain himself." In the container.

    Congrats on your special recognition on the Dog Day's Contest! I'm there too and excited to be in such good company.

    ReplyDelete