Friday, August 20, 2010

New fic up at A Twist of Noir, plus unrelated babbleage

New flash: Daughter of Peaches at A Twist of Noir. Thank you, Christopher! And to everyone who loves crime/mystery and noir, Twist of Noir will be shortening its word counts. Read the entry below mine: not just flash fic, but challenging flash fic. Sound like a good time? Sharpen your pencils. It's ON.

*

Kim Wright guest posts over at Eric's Pimp My Novel, and the topic at hand is envy. Boy, is this something writers rarely talk about. I am well aware of my own envying, which occasionally gets out of hand. Pure, unadulterated jealousy, leeching by the spoonful into my shriveled little heart.

Hi, I'm RSB, and sometimes, I fucking hate you for getting something published before me/where I haven't been able to/for writing something brilliant/for consistently turning out awesome shit/for having better hair than I do.

Now excuse me while I have a glass of wine. (vino cures all)

Great examples, great dissection in a fairly short essay. Read. Nod your head in agreement. Because you've been jealous too, admit it. ;)

*

I posted about a line of fragrances from Melodie I just tried this past week. I have to give HUGE, mad props to the owner of Melodie, who came across my blog and took action, even though she didn't have to. Melodie and Theme are two lines by the same visionary fragrance blender, and while I highly enjoy Theme, I was not happy with Melodie. I put it down to personal preference, not the quality of the line.

I've thanked her privately, but I'm saying it again here: Thank you! And once again, this shows exactly why you should buy your perfume from her. Not just because it is incredible, modern, and sophisticated, but for the outstanding customer service.

*

Myself and some other fine writers have been hanging out daily at OneWord. I urge you to come over and play. You can find me there as -- yes! -- RS Bohn.

2 comments:

  1. Really dug your story at Twist of Noir. Very slick. Love the voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stephen. Very cool of you to let me know.

    ReplyDelete