Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Fox is Black

It's been a while since I checked out The Fox is Black, except for following the occasional link via his Twitter account. First, I was bowled over by the redesign, and then I lost an hour, going through every post I've missed. Loves:

this lamp:



this (somewhat disturbing) photography -- check out the fourth one, esp. Double-exposures of nature and female models with an underlying beauty that is quite timely

and

this re-covered entry for Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (but make sure to check out all the re-covered contests that TFIB runs; the Jane Eyre and Wizard of Oz contest were terrific)


Alice Donadoni really hit the nail on the head with an untraditional and unexpected entry that has old fashioned textbook appeal.


In particular, this cover of Arcade Fire's "Suburbs" by Mr. Little Jeans has been on repeat since I listened to it half an hour ago. Somewhat urgent despite the dreamy, gorgeous lyrical style, I just love it.

Suburbs by Mr Little Jeans

Listen, listen, listen.

If you haven't heard of TFIB before, seriously, go take a look around. Bobby Solomon loves design in all aspects of life, and it shows.

What? I should be writing? All right then...


2 comments:

  1. Meanwhile I amuse myself with this:

    http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/pulp-lamp

    writing, schmiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oddly, I'd been looking at a similar project recently:

    http://pinterest.com/pin/5488830765875181/

    There are many, many DIY ideas on the Beekman's Pinterest page. This is the one I'd probably start with.

    ReplyDelete